1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I love cotton/wool blends and have started to use smaller and smaller guage yarn. I haven't tried wool/tencel yet but would like to. It's hot here in NC and heavy wool it too warm. I've been craving sock yarn lately. I have stopped liking fuzzy/novelty yarns.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? They are disorganized - in my knitting basket.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I'd say I'm intermediate, but there is not much that I won't try if I get interested.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yes, amazon under "white oak studio"
5. What's your favorite scent? oh, I love so many. Right now I love sandalwood, citrus, eucalyptus. I love soaps, lotions, candles...
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? yes, I love hot tamales and junior mints. Tootsie rolls, milky way, and on and on... you really can't go wrong here
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? No I don't spin - I dye fabric and create art quilts (fabric collages). I make jewelry and polymer clay beads and buttons.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I can play mp3s but still like getting regular cds. I love country music and jazz right now. Celtic is great and other new age is good for yoga background.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? I love color - strong, bold and lots of it. Red is my fave. Love lime and avocado greens. Love unusual, interesting color combinations. Don't like pastels.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I live with my husband of 26 years and my 12 year old son. And our beloved black lab. I work fulltime as a computer scientist/software developer.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Not so much since it's warm here in NC. I do love vests and summer knits, even sleeveless. And socks.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Sweaters, socks
13. What are you knitting right now? Socks
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Sure
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Bamboo, circ
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Just ordered a swift.
17. How old is your oldest UFO? 20 years. I started a sweater in 1986 when I was living in Germany. Can't bear to part with the yarn or the pattern which is in German.
18. What is your favorite holiday? Halloween, because of the autumn weather and it's 2 days before my birthday.
19. Is there anything that you collect? Yarn. In general, have too much stuff in my house already so try to buy things that can be used up.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? No knit mag subscrip yet, but buy all the Interweave so I should subscribe. Would love multi-color koigu sock yarn. Colinette looks great too. Love all debbie bliss yarns. Would love a sock book, don't have one yet.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? knitting two socks at the same time on one circular needle!!
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Uh, not sure how to measure since I'm fairly new to sock knitting. I wear ladies' size 9 or 9.5 Will have to figure out how to measure. I have a high instep.
23. When is your birthday? Nov 2, 1959 - I'm still 47!!!