Saturday, January 20, 2007

knitted purse swap 2

knitted purse swap 2 questions
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? I like merino wool or cotton blends the best - wool/cotton, silk/cotton, etc. I do love to knit with wool but NC is warm so I don't wear heavy wool sweaters. Lately I prefer good stitch definition so have been knitting with solid colors. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? acrylic, nylon, or extremely "fuzzy"
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I have a plastic case for knitting needles, but it's full.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I learned before I was 10, from my mom I think. But I've been actively knitting on and off for only about 5 years. I'd say I'm intermediate and teach myself by looking at good reference books.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? yes, amazon under the name "White Oak Studio"
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.) Oh I love lots of scents - right now I really like citrus, orange, etc. I also love eucalyptus, sandalwood, and jasmine.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Chocolate covered caramels, Junior Mints, Hot Tamales and Cinnamon Jelly Bellies... mmmm Dots, Milky Way
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? No I don't spin (I don't need another hobby, my closets are full!!) I dye my own cloth and make art quilts (improvised quilts for wall hangings). I make jewelry and beads and buttons. I also do oil painting, sometimes outside.
8. What's your favorite color(s)? deep jewel tones. RED is my fav., alone or red and white or red and black. I also love lime green (alone or with black or purple) I love stripes or polka-dots. Earthy colors are great too. Any colors you just can't stand? Hmm, can't think of any. Maybe real neon colors and pastels.
9. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I've been married for 26 years to a wonderful man and we have one amazing son who is 12. Our black lab is also an important member of the family - she is an indoor dog.
10. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Right now - sweaters.
11. What are you knitting right now? Totes, Cardigan for Arwen and Nantucket Jacket from Interweave. And chemo cap for a friend. I've been eyeing sock "how-to"s lately so that probably means that will be my new obsession!
12. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I love bamboo and I'll use circular but only when required.
13. Is there anything that you collect? no, not really. yarn. easy, easy recipes. beautiful table napkins (to use).

No comments: