Saturday, January 20, 2007

Color Swap 2007 Questionaire

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high-end/natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you? I usually prefer natural fibers. I do use Lion brand for scarves and totes. Knitters put so many hours into their creations that I think we should knit with the best and most beautiful materials we can afford.
2. Do you spin? Crochet? No and no
3. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? I'm always deep into something. I rotate among knitting, oil and acrylic painting (landscapes, floral, still life), dying fabric, and art quilting. I am trying to focus more and so I'm in the process of selling and giving away my stamping, scrapbooking, beads, and polymer clay supplies.
4. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? There are so many great yarns available! I love Debbie Bliss and Rowan. Right now my favorite yarn is Debbie Bliss Cashmerino. I also love cotton and cotton blends and want to try Rowan Wool Cotton soon. I've been eyeing Noro. (added 3/1/07 - Hand-painted sock yarn is now one of my obsessions).
5. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I usually don't like acrylic or metallics. I've also gotten away from using eyelash yarn and bulky yarn.
6. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? Knitalongs and swaps!
7. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Sweaters (and socks (added 3/1/07))
8. What are you knitting right now? A tote.
9. Are you a sock knitter? Not yet but I hope to try this soon (update: started knitting socks feb07).
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Are there any colors you hate? I prefer jewel-tone colors, deep rich colors. I love red. Black and white is so classic. I'm also liking lime green, grey-green, avocado green, teal right now. I usually do not like pastel colors much - or neon colors.
11. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yes, Amazon under "White Oak Studio"
12. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.) No.
13. Do you have any religious prohibitions or restrictions? I'm a follower of Jesus Christ. No dietary restrictions.
14. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) I love citrus, eucalyptus, and jasmine. Right now my favorite is Eucalyptus Spearmint from Bath&Body Works. I love their entire line of aromatherapy products.
15. Do you burn candles? Yes, often.
16. Do you have a sweet or salt tooth? Probably more salt than sweet, although I love both.
17. Do you drink coffee, tea or cocoa? I love strong, black coffee. And hot cocoa too. I love Starbucks lattes!
18. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I've been married 25 years and we have a 12 year old son. I like to joke and say I'm in my second marriage since we were married 13 years before having a child - so the "first" marriage is very different than the "second" :-) !! We also have a very loving black labrador retriever who has the run of the house.
19. What are some of your favorite things? Mountains, hiking, biking, singing at church, watching tv (I admit it), reading in bed, books, music, traveling (I've been to most of the national parks)
20. Is there anything that you collect? I've grown weary of having so much "stuff" so I'm not collecting anymore; I'm actually purging. Now I like to get and give beautiful things that are useable, wearable, eatable or consumable in some way.
21. What is your favorite holiday? Halloween, only because I love the autumn weather.
22. What is your birthday? (You don't have to tell the year) November 2, 1959 - I'm 47 years old! YIKES.

No comments: