Monday, January 14, 2008

the latest


Hi everyone! We have a nice size group for the next 3 month sock club. There's about 40 signed up. I have a few more openings if anyone is interested.

And I'm having such fun using my tvyarn to knit a tam! I'm knitting the Holiday Lights Tam from the Interweave Holiday 2007 issue. See the photo above. I dyed 3 colors in my sport weight: varigated red, varigated greens and varigated chartruse. This morning there was a drive-by yarn injury though. I was vacuuming and one of the yarn strands got caught in the beater! Luckily, it snapped off neatly without hurting the tam. I might be able to finish it this evening.

And then I'm going to take it along and wear it in Crested Butte Colorado! We booked a ski trip for early February and we're very excited. We needed to plan some high quality family fun time. Sometimes it seems like it's just work, homework, school activities, other obligations, and then more work. But this will be a nice break and something special.

Now to decide what to bring along to knit during the trip. Hmm.. Today I ordered yarn for the Blue Sky Sunset Shawl so that might be a good no-think project for the trip. I'll surprise you with the colors I chose! I ordered from a new shop (for me) - Flying Fingers I found them when I was looking for a shop that carried the wonderful Tahki Donegal Tweed. Their shipping is only flat rate of $3.99. I ordered the tweed for the Tweed Beret from Interweave Knits Winter 2006. I'm lovin' hat knitting right now! (And my UFO sweaters can just take a rest)

Jana

6 comments:

g-girl said...

love the colors and they look awesome together! Can't wait to see it finished.

Jackie said...

Love the tam. Can't wait to see the finished photo and am very excited about the next club colorways. Have a wonderful trip.

mel said...

Wow! Your tam is gorgeous in your custom yarn!! Can't wait to see it :)

Marisol said...

I absolutely love the colors of yarn you died and your work on the new Tam from Holiday Knits.

By chance will you be making any kits for that hat? I am sure it is going to be gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

. . . so beautiful, I am ALMOST tempted to learn to knit myself. - almost.

Jill said...

Love the new hat. I had a quick question. In the Sock Club blog, which yarn is featured in the photo at the top of the page? Is it you The English Patient? Gotta have it...looks amazing! Thanks.